This touring exhibition, created by mathematicians Sylvie Paycha and Sara Azzali together with photographer Noel Tovia Matoff, started at the 7th European Congress of Mathematics held in July 2016 in Berlin. The thirteen women mathematicians portrayed share their experience. The exhibit hopes to highlight the human aspects of producing mathematics, making this discipline more tangible and therefore more accessible to outsiders or newcomers.
In 2017 the exhibition will be touring the UK.
- 3-7 April 2017, Durham (during the British Mathematical Colloquium 2007); contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 25 April 2017 onwards, Cambridge; contact: email@example.com (Carola Schoenlieb)
- 5-12 June 2017, York; contact: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 29 July – 16 August 2017, Oxford; contact: Dyrol.email@example.com
- 18 September – 10 October 2017, Leeds; contact: E.Issoglio@leeds.ac.uk(Elena Issoglio)
King’s College London will host the exhibit in early 2017; contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICMS has copy of the exhibition that will be on display during ICMS events in 2017 contact: email@example.com